Kane Insurance logo.

Homeowners Insurance

Your home may be your biggest asset. Protect your home and your belongings with homeowners insurance. 

Talk to an expert

What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?

Homeowners insurance protects you against financial loss when your home and its contents when your home is damaged. Popular coverages are described below, and the protections that you choose will vary based on your individual needs.

Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling coverage pays you when there is damage to your home, like a fire or a leaky roof. It can pay for the full replacement of — the cost to rebuild — your home.

Personal Property Coverage

When your home is damaged, your contents may be damaged along with it. Personal property coverage pays to repair and replacement the contents of your home including things like, appliances, flooring, furniture, and clothing.

Loss of Use Coverage

A home might be damaged to the extent that it is made unlivable. Loss of use coverage can pay your expenses if you need to rent an apartment or live in a hotel while your home is repaired or rebuilt.

Other Structures Coverage

You may have more on your property than your home. Other structures coverage protects you against damage to garages, barns, sheds, and even fences.

What Is Excluded from Homeowners Insurance?

Any loss cause by a flood is often excluded from homeowners insurance. Flood insurance is available separately; to supplement your homeowners policy. Learn more at our flood insurance page.

Flood insurance

Start Saving Money on Insurance

Get the best coverage offered by our 40+ carriers. We research price and analyze coverage for free, and you save money on insurance.

Talk to an expert


© 2024 Kane Insurance LLC